Several South Florida cities landed spots on the “Best Small Cities in America” list.
Financial website WalletHub compiled the list and compared 1,268 cities with populations of 25,000-100,000. It used 30 metrics, including housing costs, quality of schools, safety and number of restaurants per capita.
Here are some facts about Florida cities with the best ratings in the nation in certain categories:
- Highest homeownership rate, The Villages
- Most restaurants per capita, Sarasota
- Most coffee shops per capita, Fort Myers
And here are some facts about Florida cities with the worst ratings in the nation in certain categories:
- Lowest income growth, Fort Pierce
- Lowest percentage of population with health insurance coverage, North Miami and Lake Worth
- Fewest coffee shops per capita, North Port
Check out the slideshow to see how your favorite small city in the Sunshine State scored.
Click here to learn more about how these cities compare when it comes to crime.